Rudimentary tracking of time and expenses.
Please let us know at [email protected] if you are exploring this feature, and before you decide to use it.
A common set of actions are present on most Salesorder Documents.
A ‘job’ represents a work/task/project you are performing for a Customer.
Sales Quotes will typically be issued for the stages of the Job.
Various activities are part of a Job:
- Workers can book time to the Job.
- You can issue Invoices from the Job.
- You can make purchases and associate them with the Job.
- You can allow Workers to book various expenses to the Job.
- You can issue further quotations for the Job.
The Job Document is a single repository for all of the above.
Advantages of using Jobs for your Customer related tasks:
- Purchases and expenses booked to the Job can be seen in one place - the Job's Booked Items table.
- See what has been invoiced and what has not.
- Easily Invoice/Quote from the non-invoiced Line Items.
- List all Transactional Documents associated with the Job, such as overdue and open invoices.
- Instantly report on the Jobs’ Profitability, Progress, and Estimates vs Actuals figures.
To work with Jobs you need to enable the Job column on Transactional Documents.
A Quote can be created for a Job in two ways:
- Select the Line Items you wish to Quote by selecting the tickbox.
- Click on 'Create Sales Quote' from the Actions drop-down menu.
- A new Sales Quote will now exist containing the selected Line Items.
- Browse to the Customer.
- From the Actions dropdown, select ‘New Sales Quote’.
- Create the Sales Quote.
- From the Job field, click the magnifying glass icon and select from the Customer's list of Jobs.
- A sales invoice can be created once the Job has Booked Line Items.
- Select which Line Items you wish to Invoice, by ticking the lines you wish to include.
- From the Actions drop-down menu click on 'Create Sales Invoice'.
- A new Sales Invoice containing the selected Line Items will be created.
Tracking the Invoiced Line Items. A red tickbox indicates line items that have already been invoiced. The amount Invoiced will show in the same line on the 'Qty Invoiced' column.
- The dropdown ‘Quick Reports’ gives you access to these reports.
- Select the report you require from the Quick Reports drop-down menu.
- A popup window will open with the results, which you can print or export.
Quick Reports lets you track the Profitability, Progress and similar metrics relating to the Job.
Most of the fields are self-explanatory.
- The line items booked to the job can only be viewed here.
- Line Items can only be booked to a Job from Timesheets, Bills and Expense Claims.
- You will see time, expenses and purchases booked to the job by various staff, in one view.
Name of the jon
Drop-down list of the different types of Job.
Auto-populated and cannot be changed.
Customer Ref #
Auto-populated and cannot be changed.
Drop down field where the worker can be selected.
This allows different Jobs to be grouped together under the same name.
This grouping is used in Reports as a filter.
A tickbox which indicates the status of the job e.g. Whether a job is in progress or on hold.
The date this job commenced. Compulsory field.
This field cannot be edited. An automatic code is assigned when a job is created.
The priority of this Job. This can be changed at any time. Values:
The Job Stages. Values:
The percentage completion of the Job
The currency for this client. This cannot be changedand is assigned when the customer is created.
The applicable exchange rate to convert this currency.
A free text field where a Customer ref number, such as the PO number can be added.
You can search from all available contacts and assign one specific contact to this job. When selecting the appropriate contact, the Telephone and Email fields will be populated.
The date the Job is expected to be completed.
The date the Job was actually completed.
A dropdown field where the applicable price list can be selected for this job.
Select the applicable tax code.
A dropdown field allowing you to choose from:
See working with price level
- Jobs represent work or projects done for your Customers.
- Line Items can be booked to Jobs from Documents such as Expense Claims, Timesheets and Bills.
- You can create related Documents from Jobs, such as Sales Quotes and you can also Invoice from the booked Line Items.
- For Invoices, the Job keeps track of which Booked Line Items have been invoiced and how much has been invoiced.
- The Job keeps track of all associated Transactions, these can be accessed easily from the 'Transactions' tab.
- At any time you can run 'Quick Reports' to give you real-time information about metrics such as Job Profitability and Progress.