You can create, memorize, import, and copy journal entries.
Debits and credits can be applied to any GL account.
To simplify trading partner transactions, you can debit and credit Customers (accounts receivable) and Suppliers (accounts payable).
Notice you can:
- Set a Currency on the Journal.
- Record notes (on the Information tab)
- Set classifications on the journal.
- Save the Journal as 'Pending' (not posted)
- Copy a Journal
- Memorize a Journal
Click 'Find' on the row.
Notice the selector has two tabs,
- Customer/Supplier. To simplify trading partner transactions, you can debit and credit Customers (accounts receivable) and Suppliers (accounts payable).
Start typing the name of the Account or Customer or Supplier you want to add.
Select the GL account or trading partner.
Complete the Debit and Credit balances for the selected account(s).
Save the journal.
You can save the journal as ‘Pending’
Locate the General Journal and click ‘Reverse Entry’.
Use this function to bulk import journal entries.
Go to Setup>Import Data>Upload Journals
This function is useful if you want to set up a recurring journal. The system will automatically create and apply the journal based on the parameters you set on the memorized transactions.
See ‘Using memorized transactions'.
Locate the General Journal and click ‘Create Copy’.