A Cash sale is recorded when a Customer pays you in full at the point of sale.
Sales > Cash Sale
The Cash Sale Document records:
- What was sold
- The payment method (i.e debit card, credit card, etc)
In accounting terms, Cash Sales are recorded in your cash/bank balance, while invoices are recorded in your Accounts Receivable Ledger (Sales Ledger).
To raise a Cash Sale from a Document i.e. a Sales Order, click on the items on the line item table, go to actions and click, 'Create Cash Sale'.
To create a new Cash Sale from the Explorer, click the green plus icon next to 'Cash Sale'. You can also click on 'Cash Sale' to display the list and click the plus sign at the top of the page to create a Cash Sale from the list. You will be promted to select a customer, fill in the line item table and select a payment method.
Once you have created a Cash Sale and filled in the relevant information, you can process payment.
- 1.Select the tab ‘Payment Method’.
- 2.Choose the appropriate option in the dropdown field Payment Method.
- For Credit Card, additional fields will be added to the form. Complete these first.
- 3.Choose the appropriate Payment Processor.
- 4.Select Process Payment from the top bar. Ensure the amount to pay is correct and click on the blue 'Make Payment' button.
- 5.Fill in the payment credentials, click 'Pay' and 'Finish'.
If successfully executed, the status on the Cash Sale will change to 'Paid' and on the Cash Sales List, the process status will change to 'Accepted'.