Kits and Assemblies
- When you pre-build Kits in the Warehouse manager the free stock of the related SKUs will be reduced and increment the quantity of ‘On WMS Kits’. This value can be tracked on the Stock list and the respective Item master.
- When you allocate stock of the pre-built Kit, the quantity of ‘On WMS Kits’ will be reduced.
Before you begin, you must:
- Create a Location in the Warehouse manager with the configuration setting ‘Building Kits/Assemblies’ set to Checked. This can be done by editing the Location on the Locations Tab.
- Create the masters of the Kit(s) or Assemblies you want to build in the main app
- 1.Go to Warehouse manager>Kits/Assemblies>Kits/Assemblies pane and Find or List All.
- 2.Select the Kit or Assembly you want to build and enter the quantity.
- 3.In the Kit/Assembly Builds pane select the Kit or Assembly you want to build. The components (Line Items) of the respective Kit or Assembly will be displayed in the Bill of Materials pane.
Notice the Parent Kit or Assembly and the corresponding Item (SKU), the Qty and the Pick Status of the Item appear in the same row.
- 1.Select the Item you want to pick. A breakdown of the respective and available Items (instances) and their Locations will be displayed in the Pickable Stock by Location pane.
- 2.In the Pickable Stock by Location pane, select the row(s) containing the Item(s) and their respective Location(s). The Pickable stock at Location pane will update to display the Items selected.
Kits / Assemblies Builds pane
Displays Kit or Assembly Items to be built or their status in the build process. When you 'Add' a Kit or an Assembly Item from the Kits/Assemblies pane the Item shows up here. The status column in this pane allows you to track the status of the 'build' of the Item.
Find a Kit or an Assembly
> Select a Kit or an Assembly
Clicking a row containing a Kit or an Assembly ' displays the Kit line items in the 'Bill of materials' pane
Deletes the selected Kit or Assembly. This can only be done for a fully picked Kit or Assembly
Bill of materials pane
Clicking a row displays the line Item detail of an Item selected in the Kits / Assemblies Builds pane
>Select an Item
Clicking a row displays availability - quantity and location of Items selected in the Pickable stock by Location pane
Stock Assigned to BOM pane
Displays the Items assigned to a Kit or Assembly Item as a result of a 'Pick' action in the 'Pickable Stock at Location pane.
This action is displayed when an Item is assigned and displayed in this pane. It reverses the Pick (as if you didnt know ;-)
Pickable Stock by Location pane
Displays availability - quantity and location of Items selected in the Bill of Materials pane
Pickable Stock At Location pane
Clicking a row displays the pickable stock in the Pickable Stock at Location pane
This action assigns this Item to the Kit or Assembly and displays the result in the Stock assigned to BOM pane
Finding or Listing a Kit or Assembly Item in this pane then using the Add action creates an entry for an Item to be built in the Kit/Assembly Builds pane
Adds an Item to the Kit/Assembly Builds pane